Content is at the heart of any video. You can churn out videos with the best production value in the world, but if your content sucks you’ll never reach the audience you want. If you’re going to succeed, you’ll also need to build strong relationships with clients, which is something that a lot of us miss out on due to impatience.
In this episode, we meet with Mick Jones again as he talks about how content curation is increasingly becoming a crucial part of any video business. Mick has decades of experience working in the film industry, and he knows how business practices evolved year after year. We used to host a podcast together back in 2012, and now he runs his own business called Filthy Look Films.
Listen to Mick as he talks about the importance of steering your video business towards the content you want to produce.
Once you know why content is king, let him teach you about the time and effort it takes to gain trust and to build connections, as well as why it’s all worth it in the end. Finally, Mick talks about content and social media, along with some insights for working with Instagram.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The content strategy now vs. ten years ago
- How instant gratification prevents you from cultivating business relationships
- Adapting to ever-changing social media platforms
- Establishing your presence on Instagram
- How Instagram helps you get more clients
- Social media as a tool for pre-qualifying clients