Are you a filmmaker who does their own bookkeeping?
If so, this episode may just be the most important thing you hear in regard to your business’s accounting and profitability.
Here’s why: Den gets the privilege to chat to tax expert Blake Jenkins who specializes in helping business owners in the creative, film, and TV space. This one could truly help fatten your piggy bank, save you time and money, and keep you out of legal hot water.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- The single most important thing to get right when doing your own bookkeeping. Sadly, most business owners screw this critical part up right proper. – 1:10
- Horrible (and costly) blunders many small biz owners make with their bookkeeping. – 1:30
- Nasty bookkeeping “blind spots” that trip up many a small business owner. – 2:00
- How tax experts can tell if a bookkeeper really knows their onions or not. – 4:20
- How using low-tech and “user-friendly” accounting software can come back to bite you. Beware of these pitfalls… – 7:00
- Den’s “top-notch” business advice that can potentially save you a lot of heartache, frustration, and… help your business reach its full potential. – 8:45
- A common expense almost all business owners assume is a tax deduction but…. it ain’t. – 9:50
- What you’re REALLY buying when you hire a bookkeeper. – 10:00
- Why hiring a good bookkeeper is an investment and not a cost. – 10:30
- Why having a “DIY” mindset in business can be dangerous to your bank account. – 11:20
- Are you “penny-pinching” yourself out of business? Well, if you’re skimping on your bookkeeping and accounting, you probably are. – 13:10
- Why a good accountant is a business owner’s best friend. – 17:30
- The single most misinterpreted section of the Income Tax Act. – 24:50
- A knuckle-dragging thing many business owners do to lower their tax bill that only ends up attracting the attention of the Tax Man. Not good. – 25:20
- Den’s admittedly “unpopular” opinion on the tax system for business owners. – 26:00