Dear listener, you’re in for a real treat. Why? Here’s why: Den interviews a grizzled veteran in the video production industry, namely, Chris Schwager. Mr. Schwager generously shares many secrets of the trade he’s picked over 20 plus years in the trenches.
…here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- Being ahead of the curve in business is always a good thing, right? (Nope! Not always. Sometimes it can backfire as it did for Chris in 2019. Hear Chris tell this rough story at 5:50)
- Proof that “assumption” is the mother of all screw-ups, especially in a business context. – 8:40
- Hear the #1 secret to sales at 11:08. (This may sound ridiculously simple when you first hear this, but this is where the magic happens. Selling becomes child’s play when you start doing this.)
- The “6-word sales” secret you should tattoo on your body. – 16:59 – exact enough?
- The videographer’s dilemma: to edit or not to edit? (Sometimes it can be far more profitable not to edit. Hear one such time at 18:10)
- Why perfectionists should never start a podcast. – 19:30
- Den’s highly sophisticated “Get Shit Done” business philosophy. – 20:00
- A special “type” of marketing video that can dramatically increase your odds of landing a new client. Chris says this type of marketing video has been a game-changer for his business. – 24:00
- An almost “stealth” way to sell prospects on your video production business on your very first point of contact. (Do this and watch your clients’ eyes light up. – 24:30)
- How getting in front of the camera can blow up your video business. – 25:15
- Could videographers be the biggest hypocrites in business? (Quite possibly. Listen in at 25:25 and you be the judge. Whichever way you slice it, it doesn’t look good.)
- The “Eat Your Own Dog Food” marketing method for gaining your market’s trust and respectability. – 26:30