Knowledge is power, and sometimes it can lead to more profits too. Knowing how cash flows in and out of your business can help you make wiser decisions. Unfortunately, a lot of entrepreneurs miss out by not correctly tracking their financials.
Adam Forgione was a wildly successful wedding filmmaker. After an unbeaten 20 year run, he rebuilt his business to pursue corporate video production. He’s also an astute educator who tours the US to teach his clients about filmmaking.
Listen to him talk about the benefits of staying on top of your financials, including better deals and more negotiation power.
Adam will teach you how to make a chart of accounts, as well as how to do contract pricing properly. You’ll learn how to save thousands of dollars from auditing expenses. As a bonus, you’ll learn how to deal with upfront payments and raw footage requests.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The expenses that many filmmakers forget to consider
- How a chart of accounts can fix your financials
- How to use financial information to set reasonable prices for your contracts
- Why regular audits matter
- Why you should demand 50% payment upfront
- What to do when a client asks for raw footage (the answer might surprise you)