Today, Den talks about something you do every day without giving it too much thought. You do this thing a LOT, too. In fact, it’s been estimated that people do this thing 35,000 times per day.
What is this activity?
And… in this episode, Den, explains why even the smallest of decisions can play a huge factor in how well your business and life turns out.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- The “wilderness years” of a podcaster or YouTuber. All successful YouTubers (those with upwards of a million subscribers) say there is a certain number of years where you can expect to be in almost complete obscurity before your channel gets any traction. Hear what this average number of “lean years” is at 0:50
- Behold the hidden power of micro-decisions. (Think hitting the snooze button or having that one glass of wine after work is no biggie? Hmm. You might change your mind once you hear Den talk about micro-decisions. Starts at 2:50)
- The eye-watering amount of money Den poured into his very first podcast venture. (And… the almost embarrassingly low number of downloads he got for his trouble. – 6:00)
- A ludicrously simple thing Den did to grow his podcast audience by 600% in one year. – 7:05
- Why Den turns down almost all the experts in the video and film industry who ask to be a guest on his podcast. – 8:00
- Why running a podcast is perhaps the single most underrated funnel-lead-magnet in all of marketing. Here’s why… – 8:15
- How to turn even the most skeptical of clients into absolute laydowns. (This is not a quick method by any stretch, but once it gets rolling, you’ll find that getting new clients will be duck soup! – 9:00)
- Ever wonder how effective The Video Accelerator program is? Then listen to this staggering fact Den drops at 9:30
- A life decision that took Den 25 long-years to finally pull off. – 10:25
- What making a decision really means.
- Do you feel more overworked than a Nike sweatshop worker because you routinely have 60 + hour work weeks? (Then perk up your ears at 12:10)
- An awfully good business book you’ve probably never read. – 13:05
- The case against creativity in business. (There are times in business when trying to reinvent the wheel is downright foolish. Here’s one of them… – 15:40)
- Den drops another outrageously good book recommendation. This little-known book is an absolute must-read, okay? (It’s one of the best-kept secrets in all high-level marketing circles. In fact, the late, great ad man David Ogilvy made this book mandatory reading at his advertising agency. “Nobody should be allowed to have anything to do with advertising until he has read this book seven times.”, said Ogilvy. – 16:00)
- The one thing that NEVER changes in business, and… how this fact should influence and dictate all your marketing efforts. – 16:40
- A supreme marketing strategy that when done correctly, can get prospective clients to (1) want to do business with you and ONLY you (2) see you as an industry leader, and (3) willingly and happily pay your expensive rates. If clients often balk at your rates, then you’ll wanna hear this powerful marketing strategy at 18:00
- An “Are-you-serious? type of result one of Den’s clients recently achieved. (Hear about this client’s impressive result at 19:30)