Today, Den chats with Transformational Coach, Angela Tonkin about how running a business can impact family life and how to avoid negatively affecting your children in the process.
As a Communication Consultant (focusing on human behaviour and neuro-linguistic programming of the brain) and a qualified EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Coach. She works one to one with children, parents and adults to assist them in gaining clarity and empowering them with resources and strategies to overcome challenges at school, home and in their daily lives.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- Den welcome’s his very first guest into his “fancy” studio. – 5:20
- A “critical” aspect of a child’s environment that even the most well-meaning parents overlook. -7:55
- The curious thing Ange has noticed about the parents of her young clients who are suffering from anxiety. – 8:15
- What many parents unwittingly do that lowers their child’s self-esteem and self-worth. (Whenever a parent does this in front of their child, more times than not, a child will take it personally. – 8:30)
- A simple (but powerful) thing parents can do that will help their kids form strong and healthy relationships outside the home. (A heads up: just don’t confuse simple for easy. Hear this important info at 9:00)
- How carrying your child’s school bag can hurt your them. – 10:50
- Need a good reason to start meditating? At 11:50 Ange puts forward the strongest case for meditating you’ll ever hear. Listen up.
- How eating with your kids can impact all your child’s future relationships. (When you hear this, you’ll want to start having more family dinners. – 12:20)
- The Mirror Effect and why it causes a parent to behave like a spoiled infant who just dropped their ice cream cone. – 15:15
- The sad truth behind a kid’s anger. -17:30
- The Drama Triangle methodology for helping a child become more self-aware.
- A popular (and funny) joke employers make about their team of employees that contains so much truth it could almost be called a fact! Hear Den and Ange rap about this funny little saying at 19:00
- The BIG lie Ange believed about herself that made her extremely uncomfortable at birthday parties and at the Christmas Carols. – 20:00
- Ange’s “own your own shit” philosophy that helps folks remain as cool as a Polar bear’s toenail when their hot buttons get pushed. (This will even work for people who have the emotional stability of Daffy Duck. – 23:00)
- The “uncircumcised truth” about why adults often act like big babies in the workplace. – 26:00
- Ange’s heart-warming (and funny) work stories that come from teaching young children yoga and mindfulness. -27:00
- The amazingly profound “life advice” from a 3-year-old. – 31:40
- Ange answers (brilliantly) the common question: how do you balance work and family life? Hear this excellent advice at 33:30
About Angela Tonkin
Angela has worked in the Education System for the past 17 years as a Classroom Teacher specialising in children with additional needs and behavioural challenges. She stepped out of the system to pursue her love of working with both kids and adults emotional and mental well-being. Angela studied over 600 hours of yoga teaching training and specialised in teaching yoga and mindfulness to kids. She worked as the senior trainer for Rainbow Kids Yoga facilitating trainings across Australia and New Zealand. Angela also stepped into energy healing as a Master Reiki Practitioner. She went on to become a coach and studied NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming and Human Behaviour). Angela has recently completed her level 1 and 2 EFT (Emotional Freedom technique) certification.
Angela currently teaches Yin yoga programs and offers one to one sessions for Reiki, EFT or Coaching at the Zen Org. She runs workshops on Teacher Well-being in schools and has online programs available for both teachers and parents. Angela facilitates Kids/Teens “Empowerment Workshops” across Australia during the school holidays and offers follow up support in person and online.