The approach to video production back then had a more linear structure. However, as the years go by, the industry slowly evolved and became complicated. In this episode, Mick Jones will give you an overview of how the video industry landscape changed over the years and what kinds of clients and competitions are getting in the equation. Listen in further so you’ll have an idea of what production model to adopt for your business.
Mick Jones is currently building his production company called Filthy Look Films in Sydney. Mick, along with Den Lennie and Bruce Logan, became part of the set of the Revenge of the Great Camera Shooter. Their friendship led them to start a podcast called Industry Insights in 2012.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How technology affected the entire production landscape
- Structured vs. Unstructured content
- The importance of cloud and streaming services
- Why scheduled time slots disappeared through the years
- How libraries of content help find new audiences every day
- More work opportunities, but more talent capacity as well
- Producing high-quality content against less qualified and cheaper competition
- Promo works to a streaming model