Today, Den chats with a smart as a whip Marketing expert named Alana Joynes.
Alana is a marketing consultant with a background in marketing and also finance.
She is passionate about assisting small to medium businesses with increasing their digital exposure by implementing the right marketing foundations and strategy.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- The curious reason why marketing only when you need to, attracts poor quality leads. – 4:00
- Alana reveals her “5 Pillars of Marketing” strategy for always having a steady stream of new business. – 6:40
- Why Alana pretty much ignores demographics when promoting a service business, and… what she focuses on instead. – 7:10
- Den recalls his days of being a “marketing moron” and admits how ridiculously incomplete and lame his marketing knowledge and strategy used to be. – 8:20
- A common marketing “blunder” many small business owners make that leaves them about as frustrated as an Amish electrician. – 10:00
- A vital question you must know the answer to before you even attempt to market your business online. Most biz owners go off half-cocked and wonder why their marketing is always a day late and a dollar short. – 10:20
- The case for outsourcing your marketing campaigns. – 11:00
- Why many video production business owners hate iPhones. – 11:39
- The brain-crushingly “stupid” mindset many video production business owners have that makes them cut corners with their marketing, and… appear like hypocrites. Full story at 11:40
- Den calls video production business owners out on their B.S. -12:00
- Why small-minded individuals hate marketing. – 13:27
- A cautionary tale about the utter foolishness of a business owner who hired a Marketing Agency. Hear this head-shaking story at 14:00
- Alana gives a “2-minute crash course” on how to approach a potential VIP client or business partner on social media without looking like a desperado or a pushy marketer. – 17:00
- Why your website showreel could be hurting you more than helping you. – 18:00
- Eye-opening insights into what it’s like working with videographers from a Marketing Agency insider. – 18:30
- A delightfully simple (but powerful) “business tip” that can help you become a highly sought-after videographer. Just do what Alana suggests at 21:15 and you’ll have clients singing your praises and wanting to rehire you and only you.
- How geeking-out on cameras, lenses, and technology can hurt your video production business. – 22:00
About Alana Joynes:
When assisting clients to increase their exposure, Alana’s goal is to ensure that they are acting in a way that is authentic and the emphasis is always on building (& maintaining) a sustainable brand.
As well as working one on one with clients and mentoring them, Alana also runs events.
Some of the most recent topics she has trained people on include
– Social media strategy for small business
– the key foundations every business owner should know
– How to properly optimise and utilise LinkedIn
– managing multiple social media accounts
– social media etiquette
– writing appropriate content
Outside of assisting clients, Alana enjoys spending time with her family, exercising, researching/investing in property and adventures.