Having the right tool is essential for any professional who wants to step up their game. The right camera can give filmmakers the user experience they want. However, if you ask ten different entrepreneurs about their ideal camera package, you get ten different answers. What’s the right one for you, and how much does it matter?
Mick Jones is an awarded video producer with over 20 years of experience. He collaborated with Den Lennie last 2012 on a podcast called Industry Insights. Today, Mick operates his production company, Filthy Look Films, where his team brings emotion into every video scene.
In this episode, he talks about how camera discussions can become defensive. He then guides you on how you can find the right choice among all the chaos.
Listen to Mick as he talks about the belief systems people have when talking about cameras, as well as how you can shoot great videos with almost any modern camera. He also talks about the return of investment, the risk with software updates, and his camera picks.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The expenses many filmmakers forget to consider
- What the ideal camera package looks like
- How a good camera provides its return on investment
- Upgrading your software immediately vs. waiting it out
- The different belief systems people have about cameras
- Mick’s favorite: the C100 camera