Today, Den goes solo and drops knowledge on all things business. Buckle up folks, there are juicy marketing tips aplenty. Oh yeah… and if you’re thinking of scaling your business, you’d be a fool to miss this one!
… Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- What “CM Phase” is, and… why every freelance video producer you should care. – 1:25
- How busy video freelance producers can drastically improve their health and general wellbeing without changing their diet, exercising, or any other of the usual health tips. – 1:55
- The only true and effective way to leverage your business. If you think you can do it some other way than what’s mentioned at 2:10… you’re kidding yourself!
- The very first thing you should do when looking at scaling your business. – 2:20
- How to get out of the “charge per day” trap and start getting paid what you’re really worth.
- A “caveman simple” way to make 12-13% more profit on any video production job. Just do what Den’s advises at 2:50
- How to “jigger” your quotes so that you can start charging considerably more than what you’re currently charging, and… have clients happily pay it. -3:20
- 4 reasons why videographers are grossly undercharging clients. And not just by a bit, either. Nope. Just listen in at 4:00 and hear this eye-opening information.
- How much should you charge for editing? If you outsource your editing, you’ll want to lean in at 5:00
- Den’s “no holds barred” opinion on freelancers who do their own books. This will amuse some of you, and others will clench their fists and curse Den under their breath. – 5:50
- Why Den absolutely adores bookkeepers. – 6:40
- The “Highest and Best” theory every business owner should be hip to. (Once you understand this theory, you’ll almost instantly start making smarter business decisions. It’s almost like boosting your IQ by 20 points. Hear where you can learn more about this at 7:50)
- Why football is a more accurate metaphor for business than tennis. – 8:15
- Is there a “secret” to leveraging your business? You bet your sweet bippy there is! Listen in at 8:50
- How Den turned his hand-to-mouth, week-to-week income into rock-solid, reliable, and predictable income. (Sadly, when you take a close look at the growth of the average freelancer’s personal income, you’d see more growth on Justin Bieber’s face! – 12:10)
- WARNING: Beware of the “negative compound effect”. And don’t be too quick to assume it’s not happening in YOUR business. Full details at 12:50
- How to know if you should fire your bookkeeper. (This is how Den knew it was time to say “adios” to his bookkeeper and hire someone more competent. – 13:05 – Pay attention kids)
- A certain business question you must know the answer to if you truly want to achieve the success you’re after. (It’s doubtful even 1 in 1000 business owners know the answer to this oh-so-important question. – 13:50)
- What airplanes and camera kits have in common. This one’s gold! – 16:00
- Den’s “Busy Editing Room” business lesson. This money-making biz lesson is not rocket science, it’s nothing you haven’t heard before, but know this, dear listener: most videographers aren’t doing it! – 16:40
- Den’s 3-step “runs like clockwork” blueprint for producing a weekly podcast. – 18:00
- Den reveals the man behind the words you’re now reading. Den says I do fantastic work and calls me a Rockstar! Well, I’d be the last man to deny the truth of those claims. Thanks, Den.