Today we have Caleb, Mark, and Eric in the studio. These cool cats are old school friends who teamed up to create a community for filmmakers. Inside this community, they share their expertise and help filmmakers create extra revenue through a recurring membership model.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- Mark, Eric, and Caleb each give their two-minute backstory. Their stories have something in common that probably gives them a nice little advantage in the video production industry. (If you’re a videographer, chances are you have this in common, too! – starts at 3:00)
- A startling realization these three men had while chewing the fat one day that became the impetus for starting a community they creatively named, “The Video Community.” Full story at 7:00
- An almost NEVER talked about way to sustain your business and wellbeing at the same time! – 8:00
- The single most important thing every filmmaker should know before they start a business. (Not knowing this can be harmful to both your mental health and bank account. Hear this vitally important information at 12:50)
- Can you have a video production business and stay in your creative genius? Hear Den’s insightful answer at 12:40)
- The most powerful (and persuasive) word in business. (Sadly, most business owners are terrified of this word, and it’s probably why most business owners are stressed out their mind and have trouble selling their services. – 17:00)
- Den’s “6-word sentence” that is perhaps the best business advice you will hear all year. Hear this smoldering hot 6-word sentence at 18:35
- Beware of the dreaded “fear nodule”. Many filmmakers have a highly tuned fear nodule that keeps them taking on the wrong types of jobs. Full story at 21:00
- What many filmmakers do when quoting a job that would-be clients absolutely love, however… doing this will backfire on you more times than not. – 24:15
- The idiotic thing many video production guys say about quoting jobs that keep them “a day late and a dollar short.” Don’t EVER think or say this moronic thing mentioned at 25:45
About The Video Community
The Video Community:
Started by three friends who have spent the last decade in various parts of the filmmaking industry, The Video Community is on a mission to empower filmmakers to grow through community with an emphasis on creating their own path. Believing that knowledge is open source, TVC educates filmmakers on how to create and live a life of freedom with their video businesses.
Using his passion for video Mark has built businesses across industries. Recognizing the importance of video content he continues to evolve and grow with the industry.
Caleb is the Swiss Army knife of filmmaking. He specializes in creative development and from big picture to detailed adjustments he’s built a career as the guy who see’s the vision and has the follow through to make it a reality.
For Eric, It’s all about the eye. His keen sight for cinematography has brought fresh perspective and sharp images to all his clients. His work speaks for itself and takes him across the globe.
Connect with Caleb on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/noelcaleb/)
Connect with Eric on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/eric-irvin-54441865/)
Connect with Mark on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/markpasternack/)