Den interviews Jaimee Maree who is the founder of Savvy Copy – a direct response copywriting agency. Ah, so what? Here’s the so what: If you want to know how to turn your website visitors into paying clients, then listen closely to this episode, because Jaimee reveals nitty-gritty details on how to do just that.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- What the hell is copywriting? … and why you should care. – 3:00
- Why probably 99% of video freelancers who write their own website copy are “penny-wise but pound-foolish”. – 5:25
- The backasswards thinking of business owners who write their own website copy. – 6:00
- You know your product better than anyone else, so… you should write your own website copy, right? (Not so fast, Tiger. Listen, there is a reason why the most successful video production companies in the world outsource their copywriting, and it ain’t because they’re too busy. Full story at 7:45)
- The “logical fallacy” of business owners who think they should write their own copy. – 8:20
- 4 common (but silly) reasons people are scared to outsource their copywriting. – 9:10
- A crucial element of copywriting even pro copywriters overlook. – 10:00
- The BIG secret to wildly successful website copy. (This is nothing glamorous or exciting, but this is where the success of a website’s copy is won or lost. – 11:10)
- The acid test for knowing if the copywriter you hire is a pro or a bum. – 11:25
- Why the word “copywriting” is a misnomer. – 11:40
- Why world-class copywriters are more like detectives than writers. – 12:00
- How most video production companies are unwittingly targeting the wrong clients. – 12:50
- The #1 thing to know about your website visitors. If you don’t know this about your website visitors… you may as well get a chimp to write your website copy. – 13:30
- Insider copywriting secrets – This is gold! – 14:00
- The little-known (and little understood) marketing maxim called “The Who”. (Nothing to do with the English rock band, however… if you don’t understand this marketing truth, your website copy will be about as useless as Pete Townsend’s guitar after playing Woodstock. – 15:50
- Beware of the content writer dressed up in copywriter’s clothing. (Hear this important difference between the two, and… how to identify the copywriters from the content writers. – 20:00)
- Why copywriting (when done properly) is like playing 3D chess. – 21:00
- When your ego is your amigo. – 23:50
- A little-known copywriting secret for getting website visitors eager to hire your video services. (You can do everything else right, but without doing what Jamiee mentions at 25:00, your website copy will almost certainly tank.)
- How you can get more business by repelling website visitors. – 27:00
- Why website designers should be forced to consult a copywriter before signing off on their work. – 28:00
- Why an “average” website designer who understands copywriting is far more valuable than a “world-class” website designer who’s clueless about copywriting. (Probably less than 1 in 1000 business owners understand this. – 30:00)
Jaimee is the founder and director of SavvyCopy.com a direct response copywriting agency helping business owners & industry leaders to attract more leads, make more money, and have more impact.
After 10 years of owning her digital marketing agency, Jaimee Maree threw in the towel and pushed all her chips in on writing conversion-focused copy.
She founded SavvyCopy.com in 2019 with the goal of helping industry-leaders, and passionate entrepreneurs (like you) to become unstoppable in your mission to impact the lives of others.
Because when you can showcase the true value you have to offer, and make others see just how incredible your services are, you can help more people, change more lives, and finally get paid what you deserve. Conversion-focused copy is how you make that happen.
Jaimee and her team have had the privilege of writing for Gary Goldstein (producer of Box Office Hit Pretty Woman), Grace Lever (Australia’s most successful female digital marketer), Bill Zanker (with Investors Pitbull and Tony Robbins) and of course the incredible Den Lennie and so many more incredible entrepreneurs and business owners who are on the frontlines of their industry.