Today, Den interviews his pal Ryan Koral from Detroit Michigan. Ryan owns a successful video production company called Tell Studios and runs one of the most popular video podcasts on the planet. Den and Ryan talk all things video production and give up some of their most hard-won and battle-tested secrets to growing bigger and more profitable video business.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- Ryan stomps all over Den’s intro, leaving Den to pick up all the pieces. – 0:07
- Hear about Ryan’s attitude towards business that’s about as rare a rocking horse shit. – 4:45
- How to create win/win/win deals. That’s right, there is a certain way to do business that goes one step further than your usual win/win deals. (But you must be willing to put your ego aside. Full details at 6:00)
- Why “collaboration” often gives “competition” a good ol’ fashioned beat down, especially in the business world. – 8:30
- Ryan’s “Be okay with some prospects thinking you’re not okay” lesson. Hear this liberating message at 9:35
- How to deliver your video production service with open hands and a big heart instead of a clenched fist and black heart. Easier said than done? Of course, but hearing what Ryan shares at 12:00 will certainly help.
- The life-changing decision Ryan made after his second child was born and while living in a bungalow the size of a London telephone booth. – 16:10
- A grizzly (and unnerving) thought that almost all freelance videographers have but are too scared to deal with. Yup, instead of facing it head-on, they just push it down into the basements of their soul and pretend it’s not there. – 17:05
- Wanna know what would be every videographers’ wet dream? It’s landing a client like this… – 18:55
- 3 dead giveaways that a client will end up being a complete pain in the arse. – 22:10
- How some videographers are no different from a sugar daddy when choosing what clients they work with. – 26:00
- How embracing the word “NO” can save your business and your peace of mind. – 29:00