Dear listener, in this episode, you’re going to hear some information that could potentially turn your video production business into one of the most sought-after businesses in your industry. Hyperbole? Don’t be too sure. Look, at least hear the first 5-minutes before making up your mind, okay?
If you choose to listen…
Here’s a sneak peek at what you’ll hear:
- Q. Why did the short-sighted videographer fall into the well? A. He couldn’t see that well. Sorry, bad joke. Here’s a more serious question: Q. Why did the videographer stop posting marketing videos online? A. Because after one week he hadn’t landed a new client. Sound familiar? If so, you’ll want to hear this… – 4:00
- An ingenious (and very profitable) thing you can do with all your content marketing videos. (If you’ve been consistently creating marketing videos to promote your video services, but you’re not doing what’s mentioned at 3:40, then you’ve leaving piles of money on the table.)
- The REAL power of video marketing. – 5:00
- Video marketing vs Text marketing – who wins? Hear Den’s story at 5:10 and you decide.
- Advice for those who struggle to come up with marketing content ideas. (Follow the advice given at 9:40 and your creative juices will start flowing like crazy.)
- Why “How To” marketing videos aren’t worth a damn… UNLESS… you do this first. – 10:20
- What you must do in the first 5-seconds of your marketing videos. (Fail to do this and you’re marketing video will be more ignored than the first piece of bread. – 11:00)
- The “30-second mistake” most video marketers make when creating a marketing video. (Making this blunder all but guarantees people ignore your videos. – 11:30)
- An unsexy video marketing tip that can dramatically boost audience engagement. – 12:30
- A laughable simple way to turn one piece of marketing content into ten! – 12:40
- How well-meaning content marketers shoot themselves in the foot. (Yes, giving valuable information in your videos is good, but not if you’re doing it the way mentioned at 13:00)
- Should you be on ALL the major social media platforms or focus on just one? (Hear Stephen’s expert opinion at 15:00)
- A neat little trick for knowing how to interact on social media sites so that you’re treated seriously and not like a buffoon. – 17:30
- Beautiful nonsense many highly creative videographers buy into that keeps their business in a constant cycle of feast or famine.
- The “c-word” that makes all the difference when creating marketing content. – 21:40
- Why being nervous in front of a camera is a good thing. (Are you self-conscious when making a video about your filmmaking business? That’s great! No, really. Hear why at 22:10)
- A weird (but very effective) trick for getting yourself out of a funk. (This is what the late Steve Jobs used to do to keep the black dog at bay. Next time you’re feeling lousy and out of sorts, try doing this… – 23:00
- Den drops a powerful marketing secret at 24:20. Don’t get too excited, now. This takes some berries to do.
- The case for being redundant in your marketing messages. – 28:00
- Den’s “woo-woo” marketing observation you’d be silly to dismiss. – 29:00